Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a top loading Frigidaire washing machine and it is 2

I have a top loading Frigidaire washing machine and it is 2 years 4 months. There are only two people in the house so it does not getused very much. Already the belt has had to be replaced and now the repairman is telling me that we need a new transmission, bearings, and another new belt of which it will cost $193. I am ready to tell them to dump the machine and get a product that really works. The last washing machine I had lasted for more than 15 years with only a belt replaced. Is this really the kind of quality that Frigidaire has to offer?
not very good machines. if I were you i would forgo repairing this and go to Lowes or home depot and buy a whirlpool direct drive washer, simple one no bells and whistles just a turn type timer and hot and cold water controls and water level control, thats all you need and these machines are the best on the market at this time. it doesnt have a belt and allot less moving parts . you can also buy a roper (which is made by whirlpool) when these do need repair its usaually a simple and cheap repair. and this wont happen for years. I reccomend this machine highly. the rope model runs under $250.00 usually at lowes. sometimes there on sale even cheaper.! you will be much happier trust me. hope this helps you, thanks Bryan, if this answer is what you are looking for please press accept its the only way I get paid for my work.