Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I go to turn on one burner and the electrode of the spark igniter

I go to turn on one burner and the electrode of the spark igniter won't stop clicking.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you get me model # XXXXX make? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Model JGP328wek2ww

serial am702158q

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this is most likely the problem you initer switches, it looks like you have to cange thes all at once .is it just one burner doing this. does it stop when you turn it off? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=the only other thing that woul cause this is the spark module Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=niether one is to expensive. click here for parts, http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-JGP328wek2ww-%3d%3de hope this helped thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is just the one burner doing it. When I turn it off, it stops. But as soon as I turn the knob to lite it, the clicking just won't turn off when burner is completely on. I can see the little spark from the igniter clicking. Is it dangerous?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
no its just eletrical no gas will come out unless you turn the know and even clicking if its lit isnt dangerous. my guess is the switches from what your saying. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I was boiling some water and some water got on the base of the stove. Could a switch be wet and causing the problem? thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
that could be and may dry out and work right again, take a hair dryer and try letting hot air blow on the area where you spilled the water and see if that works or wait a couple of days and it may dry out by itself.i've seen that many times . thanks Bryan