Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a 1976 era Kenmore all refrig and cannot find the model

We have a 1976 era Kenmore all refrig and cannot find the model number anymore. We need the cold thermostat. We purchased one in 1979 with the following part No. 723C632A15. Can you help us find a replacement? There is only one thermostat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
are you getting this # XXXXX of the cold control? thanks Bryan, they do sell universal cold controls for refrigerators , get me all the #s you can find and I'll see what i can do, the # XXXXX gave us doesn't come up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, we got the number of the invoice for a thermostat we purchased in 1979. The only character in question would be the "C" in the part no.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The part no. on the old thermostat which is rubber stamped over the original no. is

AS405 SE55. This was not purchased from Sears but from a parts distributor (Canadian Appliance Manufacturing Co. Ltd.)

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well that # XXXXX XXXXX dicontinued and doesnt come up . this is a universal cold control that can be used with most older refrigerators. at this point with no model # XXXXX may have to go with this. let me know Bryan, the new #s you gave me dont help either probably taken out of system.Part 237557
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Which universal cold control that is currently available do you recommend we use? We can do a retrofit if necessary.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yes it comes with instructions and ther are just two wires and a ground. click here to link. this may be your only option. the only other option is to bring your cold control to an appliance parts warehouse and see if they can match it up. hope this helps. thanks Bryan, please press accept if I've help you ,its the only way I get paid for my time. thanks andwell wishes Bryan