Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

hi i have a kenmore washer elite sm-9711035 model and the agitator

hi i have a kenmore washer elite sm-9711035 model and the agitator seems to stand still doesnt spin but makes this clicking sound instead is it possible that you can help me with this problem because i can not afford an pro to hire to fix is this problem a fixable item   great fully respectfull for your answer
can you check the model # XXXXX its not comming up , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
model number 110 serial num sm-9711035
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
model number 110 serial num sm-9711035 for the kenmore elite washer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
model number 110 serial num sm-9711035 for the kenmore elite washer and it says its a sensor smart
is this a very old washer? is this a belt drive machine? you can tell if there is a plate on the bottom in the back that comes off. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this washer was bought in 2003
ok the most likely cause for this is the motor coupling shown here .Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=heres a great video to help you get this apart and change this, click here . this should take care of your problem, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
this model in the video does not look anything like the washer i have

after the 110 can you tell me the rest of the model # XXXXX are giving me the serial # XXXXX I cant look your praticular model up without the full model #

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
iam so sorry i have no clue where the model number is XXXXX just says model number 110 in the book and on the door theres a number sm(NNN) NNN-NNNNi cant seem to find the tag
ok thats why. open the lid and look towards the back where it hinges up, in the middle there should be a silver or white tag with the model and serial # XXXXX it , let me know, I'm trying to help but its hard without model # XXXXX there are thousands of different models on the market today. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thanks for atleast telling me where to find the numbers ok heres the numbers model 110 22036 100 serial num cl(NNN) NNN-NNNN type 118 sorry for all the trouble i just ad a bad 5 years just had a neck fusion and had a back fusion 5 years ago and on ss so its hard for me to do all the things and i appreciate it can these numbers help you

thats better it does have the motor coupling in this and its probably the problem for sure. this drains right? but doesnt spin. click here to see parts in this machine. I'm going to try to get you the diagrams in a minute. sorry to hear your having health problem best wishes on that. I'll be back shortly. click here .
ok got it all now. click here for all the diagrams.!retrieve.pd?pop=true&modelNumber=110.22036100&pop=flush click on control panel on the sub components list and you will see two end caps # XXXXX and #11 they snap offby using a screw driver and going in from the back and putting it in the top of caps and pry up and forward. once those are off take the screws out in the front on both sides and follow the video I sent you from there. these are the instuctions to get to the coupling even though the machine doesnt look excatly like your they come apart the same you will see if you watch the whole video. hope this helps and dont forget to press accept or I dont get paid for my work. if you have any trouble you can still come back and ask me more questions at no axtra cost. I'm hitting the hey soon though but check early in the morning like 5am and if I see you need more help I'll answer then ,thanks Bryan
did you get a chance to look at the didgrams or get the machine apart yet? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
na had an emergency had to take mom to drs. didnt quite have a chance to figure out how to find the motor coupling thru the 1 page diagram and figure out how to take washer apart from top ? or if this model is like the othe video you first sent me where is behind the pump on the bottom sorry to bother you but ill be back soon respectively rich
yes its just like the video, its underneith and you can tip the machine up and see this between the motor and transmission. but it does come apart just like the video. I have to go do a job in a bit but will be back later. if you need more help, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
hi thanks just got the part yes it was cracked appreciate all your help and kindness
your welcome, could you please press accept so I will get paid, feedback is appreciated and bonuses are welcome if you like, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i pressed it once allready let me know if it went thru
it did thanks, XXXXX XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
its the best i could due even if you put up with all my crying sorry it couldnt be more respectfully XXXXX XXXXX yours rich
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i think you saved me 100 thanks
thanks . i'm like everyone today needing all I can make to survive, My appliance company is slow right now so I do this to suplement that. its though out there. best wishes to you and your family. Bryan