Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Help please. My dryer just stopped working this morning. It

Help please. My dryer just stopped working this morning. It makes a humming sound and sounds like the "engine" just won't turn over. Was working fine before this. Have had the machine a couple of years. It is a front load on a pedestal. It may be a 2005 or 2006 model. Bought it new from Sears. Just had washer repaired last week! Thanks for any help! Chris
its sounds like you may have something in your blower assembly. can you turn the drum by hand? let me know thanks Bryan, also a make and model# XXXXX help
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hey Bryan,
I'm not at home but will try to turn the drum and get back to you. It may be a couple of hours...thanks. Chris
no problem Chris i'll be here. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Still not home yet. Maybe another hour or so. Long day.
thats fine I'll be here wife woudnt let me go out if I wanted to. lol.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok.. I'm home now. I tried to move the drum and it was hard to push or maybe I'm not that strong! But it finally moved and I tried the dryer again and it worked! Do you think this will happen again? The dryer is only 2 years old. I just spent $400 plus on getting washing machine fixed. I thought Maytags lasted forever without problems. Thank you so very much for your help!!!!! Chris
well it may not happen again, you may have a bad spot in the motor or you had something in the blower and you knocked it out, you may want to take the vent hose off the back and reach in a bit and see if anything is in there if you got something that was stuck in it thats where you will find it,. I'm glad you got it running thats great! possitive feedback is appreciated. thanks Bryan