Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Two issues with my GSD1120R45 dishwasher. 1 it does not always

Two issues with my GSD1120R45 dishwasher. 1 it does not always drain at the end of the cycle. 2 inches of water left on the bottom. 2 The soap dish is rarely cleaned out anymore. I feel the spray is not reaching the dish.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hi, this is Bryan , there may be a couple of different causes for your trouble. I believe I have the anser to both but need to know a few thing first. in the back of the d/w(inside) is ther a screen that goes across the back. it has two or four 1/4" screws holding it down. second are you getting enough water when its done filling? should be up to the heater at least. let me know . Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

2 screws.

The level is about at the bottom of the heater element.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok one problem at a time for now. remove the screws holding the screen when you get the screen off you will see this in the middle Part 821081unscrew this counterclockwise and remove. check the rubber part just above the spring if its not closing thight when you just push the plunger up and check it , these deteriate and dont close tight allowing water to go back into machine instead of draining, this may be the only problem with this machine also check the other screen at the middle of the machine and reach down to make sure its not clogged with crap. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I lied there are 4 screws but the rubber is wasted. do you have a PN? if so I will get one right away. Is there anything else I shoud buy while I am at the appiance store?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well I would change this and see how it runs before looking at other issues, do you have a parts store nearby? this is the part # WD24X10018 let me know if everything works after and if we need to go into it more we will. but I think this will take care of it. once you have this in run it and make sure its filling up to the heater still if it doesnt you may have a bad fill valve .please press eccept so i will get paid, you still can return at no extra cost and get more info. thanks Bryan