Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Frigidaire side by side. On the freezer side on the

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire side by side. On the freezer side on the bottom of the refrigerator behind the bottom drawer the coils are turning red & forming ice on the botton of the refrigerator. Can you tell me what is causing this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well the red you see is the defrost heater comming on. is the ice on the bottom under the drawer? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes!

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok you have a clogged drain in this. the red you see is normal its the heater comming on to defrost the coils. when this defrosts the water is suppose to drain into a pan under the refrigerator but the drain is clogged or frozen. you need to remove the rear panel in the back of freezer and and get some real hot water and pour it under the coils until the water goes down freely. you may have to sop this water up a few times and pour more until it finally drains. this should take care of your problem .thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I'm at work that's why it is taking time to answer. In the back of the refrigerator where the panel is is their an area to put the water into. Please advise

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
yes as soon as you get the back panel off you will see the sheet of ice under the coils and in the middle under that ice ther is a drain hole you may not be able to see it until you get the ice out of it. do you have a computer at home? I'm here all the time or at least until I go to bed around 9pm est. let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes I do have a computer at home. but I won't be home till after 5:00. How do I get back in touch with you?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
just come back on and i will be here. we will get this fixed dont worry, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have an additional question when I come back will there be an additional charge? And when I do pour the water in the drain tube, can I leave the refrigerator on? Thanks in advance for all your help!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no additional charge. and yes you can leave the refrigerator on. I dont even get paid until you press accept and I dont even get all of it just a portion. the only extra I get is if someone gives me a bonus. talk to you later. Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I will talk to you later. And if this all works out I will give you a bonus for resolving the problem. Thanks Again!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok talk to you later. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thank you so much. I gather everything worked out , well wishes and thanks again, Bryan