Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore Coldspot. The icemaker is not making ice,

I have a Kenmore Coldspot. The icemaker is not making ice, the incoming water spills out into the freezer below; there appears to be no ice tray in the icemaker. The ice cube bin is frozen solid and there are frozen icicles below.

Hi this is Bryan, I'll be glad to help. can you get me the model#? thanks.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Model #106.44252401
Serial #SR3959713
Manuf Date 10/2004
Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=this is your ice maker if you look at the right side there is a cup the water goes into to fill the ice maker. it comes through the back of the freezer and into this cup. check to see if this is frozen. check the tube and the cup itself , this is the most common cause of this problem . isf its clear let me know we will check other things. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The tube is frozen, but I think we are missing some pieces of the icemaker; I think I need to buy a new unit and replace it. Do I need a technician to replace it or can I do it myself or have my handyman do it?

If I turn the freezer all the way down, will the ice melt? There are some wires hanging down from the icemaker that are frozen into the water in the ice cube bin. So, to remove the bin, I need to melt the block of ice in the bin.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is not an in door icemaker
well the only problem with turning it down is everything in the freezer will thaw, do you have a spare refrigerator you can put your food in? the other way to defrost this though it takes longer is to use a hair dryer. you can replace the unit yourself its not very hard at all. a new ice maker is around $90.00 for this and it only has three screws holding it in and a plug. click here to purchase ice maker or if you have a local parts supply house nearby you can get it there. when you get it and have everything defrosted come back and I'll tell you how to replace it. please press the accept for this is the only way i get paid. let me know if thtas all you need for info. click here for link to site for ice maker. thanks Bryan