Yes, that is the new part -- the entire icemaker assembly.
Also, note: Original icemaker (WR30X0307) did an overfill after the fill indicater arm became jammed in the down position by ice. After that it stopped working. The replacement icemaker WR30X10093 has a 6-prong to 4-prong adaptor. As I said, it seems to work fine, except for not activating the fill switch.
Fill tupe appears to be free of ice. Also the water dispecser works, so water is coming into fridge. Is there another place the ice-fill water may be jammed, or is it a bad microswitch?
Yes, I had to plce the deposit $ before I could read it.
As a matter of fact, I did have to replace that valve a couple months ago, due to a crack that formed in the original. I hate to have to buy anohter, but if you think that's what it is...
Note. I did draw water through the door dispenser. I also disconnected (at the switch) the 1/4" plastic line that runs up the back to the icemaker. A little water came out. Then I blew through the line -- there was no obstruction.
I'm just wondering if the microswitch on the new icemaker got damaged, as there was some cosmetic damage to the housing due to rough shipping.
REVISED -- NOTE: I just put the old (leaky) valve switch in, and it doesn't work either. Just to be sure, I tested the water dispenser side too, and it works, so power & water are fine.
I don't see how the problem can be the valve, since the old valve was working fine (just leaking) when I removed it a couple months ago.
Thanks Bryan, I just switched the plugs and water came into the icemaker just like you said, when I pressed the water dispenser button.
So that would seem to rule out the valve as the source of the problem.
I guess that's probably all you can do. I'll hit the accept button.
Maybe I should try putting th old icemaker back in and trying the same thing. I read (in here I think) that you have to get those old ones set with the teeth in the 4 o'clock position. Maybe it's just a matter of setting it right... Oh well.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX it.
Yes, the old one is a Kenmore WR30X0307 (8 cubes instead of the 7 in the new one).
For the record, I tried setting it (the old one) in various positions and it seemed to cycle through, as if it were getting power. Maybe ther'es a trick to getting it to reset?
Meanwhile, I already applied for a credit for the damaged new one, and told them not to send a replacement until I figured out what to do. If we can get the old one working again, I'll share some of the $avings with you.
Yes, that is the plug/pin design on the original. You're right about the adaptor that came with the new one; it's a pain in the butt. I did make sure it was all the way in, but am not happy with how loose it feels.
I put in the old icemaker and -- oddly enough -- it fills the tray. The only problem is that it WON'T STOP FILLING! So I took it out and put the new icemaker back in -- still no fill.
Yes, I have a voltmeter.
UPDATE: I just replaced the old valve with my new one -- the icemaker solenoid is not working! Maybe the origianl malfunction burned it out. So I cannabalized the old valve assembly and now have both solenoids working (on a non-leaky valve). Waiting to see if the icemaker will work.
I have to go drive my school bus in a few minutes, so won't be back on-line until 4:30 PST. Thanks for your help today.
Not getting volltage, but that's probably because I'm not using the meter correctly.
I did however swap solenoids from the old valve and the new one, and got it to work intermittently (the solenoid emits a brief hum when it's trying to cycle).
So I lubed the solenoid shaft with Pam, but that didn't help.
Then I swapped the water dispenser solenoid (blue) with the icemaker solenoid (red). (Q: Are they different, other than the color?)
Anyway, the icemaker water feed finally -- just now -- cyled on its own. The water level seems low, but what the heck. (Is there a way to adjust that?).
The water dispenser still works too. Not bad.
Guess I was wrong about the water level; the cubes finally popped out and appear normal. Took a long time though, but I'm not complaining.
I think I'll order another water valve though, as I'm still uncomfortable using two water-dispenser solenoids. Water isn't too hard up here (Western Washington).
I wasn't aware there was a filter in the system.
So it looks like it all boiled down to valve-solenoids, which your idea on swapping leads revealed.
I'm using the new one. It arrived with a piece of housing broken off (was not packed well), so I got them to credit me for it.
I tried the old one yesterday again, and it failed to shut off after filling the tray -- which is what indicated a problem in the first place. I think this happened when the arm becamed jammed in the down position, behind a pile of cubes.
The new one has a side-swinging arm; a better design which should prevent that sort of problem.