Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a maytag neptune gas dryer model #MDG6700AWW Serial#10069952GR.

I have a maytag neptune gas dryer model #MDG6700AWW Serial#10069952GR. I am getting a code TS when I turn my dryer. Ive checked the door switch and the saftey sensors...they are all good. What could be the problem/code?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
How long has this been happening and does it happen every time you use it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just started, and I cannot use the machine because it shuts down and then reads the code TS
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
This a themister error,,, check to make sure that the lint filter is clean,,,,I mean cleaned under hot water and detergent,,,make sure there is no restrictions in the exhaust all the way to the out side the home,,, if all good then the thermister will need to be replaced on the unit....hopefully it will not come to that...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have checked the lint screen, and all the exhaust system is clen and clear. I called a local parts place and they said there isn't a so called "thermister" on this unit...I have the whole thing disassembled and am at a loss for what to check next.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

The parts place does not know what they are talking about....this is part number 35001191, and can be ordered at www.apwagner.com, or www.repairclinic.com,

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have by passed this part and I am sill getting the ts error code. The machine goes into the error code without even pushing start.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
It will not work bypassing the part it needs special resistance on it..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have replaced that part, and the problem still continues...any other options?
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
How long into the cycle before the error shows up?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The second I push start, it errors ts. There isnt any part of the machine operating
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
I will get back to in a couple of minutes,,,I need to pull up some documents on this... I will be back shortly..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

Enter Service Mode:

Dryer must be on before Service Mode can be

entered. Press Chime and Temperature Keys for 3

seconds, or until 3 beeps are heard. The machine will

now be in Service Mode.

Press "WRINKLE PREVENT"

thn write dwon the codes that come up, you can rotate the knob to see each code...let me know what shows up?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I turned the knob clockwise the codes are as follows, d, 02, 01, 10, 08, --, --....
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Is this unit in a room that is under 50 degrees?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
maybe...it is definitly colder than room temp..
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

The specs say the machine will not run if it is under if the temp is under 50 degrees,,, that is the code 2, this is what it says...

Check for:

- Low ambient

temperature in

room (Below

50ºF/10ºC).

- Outside vent

damper is stuck

open in wintertime.

- Loose or open

wire terminals.

- Check Thermistor

resistance.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just read the surface temp of the dryer at 53 degrees F, the vent is closed from outside, i have checked and rechecked all wire connectors, and the resistance of the new thermistor is17.5 ohms...
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Ohms on the thermister should be 10K Ω at 77 degrees
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my mistake sir it was 17.5k ohms. I brought it upstairs for a min and I got a reading of 10.2 k ohms
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
hook the wires to the thermiaster but do reinstall it, make sure that is warmer than 60 degrees and see if the unit will start up,,,I hope this starts it else you will need microcomputer...let me know what you find on this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just did try without it installed infront of a space heater. Same result...Is the microcomputer the main board in the head of the unit or the one on the side
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

This will be the main control where the thermister wires go to, this should be part number 35001153, and can be ordered at www.apwagner.com or www.repairclinc.com...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is this the only other thing that this could be?
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
I am going by the tech sheet,,,do you have this tech sheet for the dryer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

This link is the tech sheet

TECH_SHEET

This one is the service manual

SERVICE_MANUAL

Hope it helps

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech