Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I just purchased a GE DPSE810GG compact dryer and need to install

Customer Question

I just purchased a GE DPSE810GG compact dryer and need to install the LP gas conversion valve. How do I get into the burner unit to install the valve?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

Hi, this is Bryan let me see if i can help you. is this the conversion kit you have ? Part 2338

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, that is the conversion kit that I have. I have no problem installing the kit once I can get to the burner, however, the I am not sure where to start removing covers to get to it. Being that the dryer is brand new I want to minimze the number of screws that I take out of it on the first day.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok i've found the diagrams for this I believe. can you tell me if there are a couple of more letters or # 's at the end of the model # XXXXX gave me? open the door and look up towards the to and tell me if you see a screw on each side holding top down. let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the full model # XXXXX XXXXX and I am going to check the screws inside the door now. thanks.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok great these are the diagrams for your machine. let me know if there are screws. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They are there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
When I click that link it tells me:
Page error Your model search results have expired. Please resubmit your search to view the model again.
Should I be able to go to the diagrams?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok sorry sometimes that happens. in the meantime take the three screws out and lift top front up and pull it out and off . put it aside. then look down the sides and you will see two screws holding front panel on remove these and wires for door switch , make sure you know where they go back and then lean the front forward and lift off the bottom clips and put that asside.. I'll get those diagrams to you in a minute. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank youLaughing
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
how we doing? once you have the front off you need to reach in on each side of the drum and release the belt from the pulley and motor. once thats done pull the drum out the front. sometimes these are tight getting through the front but it will come straight out.then you can get at the burner assembly. be real carefull near the igniter they are real fragile and break easy.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have the front off and looked at the burner unit and I can see now that I guess I will have to take out the drum to do this after all. Gee they sure don't make it easy to use LP gas do they?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Should it have a union nut where the gas line comes into the ignitor?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
unfortunatly no. I hate doing these but I've done so many that its second nature to me now. like I said be carefull of the igniter they are fragile. if i've helped you please press accept and if you need you can still come back and ask more questions. feedback is appreciated also. I'm getting tired and have a long day tomorrow but I'll be up for a little while longer and always check in the morning early. thanks Bryan, p.s. just got message about union nut, it dosnt look like it on this model. dwere you able to see the diagrams this time?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Whoops I forgot to hit Accept... I am sorry. I am going to hit it now. I got it all done and clothes are drying in it now. THank you so much. You were so helpful, I am afraid that I would have been up all night swearing blue streaks if I had not gotten the expert insight that you gave. Thanks again, and I will be recommending your services.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your welcome glad to hear its done, good job! thanks and best wishes, Bryan