Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a frigidaire flxe/flxg52rb stackable washer dryer.

I have a frigidaire flxe/flxg52rb stackable washer dryer. The washer will fill with water and periodically when it is filled will not go through any cycles. None of the controls work. There is a strange smell. If you let it sit for 30 minutes and try the controls again it will begin to work. What could my issue be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
let me check your model for you , Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The paperwork says, FLXE/FLXG54RB. The operating instructions are all that we have.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your timer could be the problem in this. these timers go all the time. when its done filling it does nothing at all? do you hear the motor try to start? something is overheating its possible you contacts in the timer are fried, these are plastic timers and you may be smelling the plastic getting hot. this is your timer. Part 916721
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I hear a sound that could be the motor attempting to start.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok then it sounds like you may have either a bad motor or a bad motor start capacitor, this is the motor, Part 958673and this is the capacitor, Part 406742I would try changing the capacitor first, this may take care of your problem, if not you need a new motor. you can click here to see parts and order them if you want. http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-FLXG54RB-%3d%3dei406742d23988 hope this helps, thanks Bryan