Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Maytag Neptune Washer is showing a speed indicator error

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Hi, can I get model number of you washer please?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How about MAH7500 AWW
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

What was the specific error code you got?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Speed indicator malfunction, hit start/pause to restart the cycle
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

ACCESSING SERVICE MODE

Press and hold the "back" and "help" keys for 3

seconds to start the Service Mode. The following

information will appear on the touch screen.

Press the "diagnostic code" on the touch screen to see

all of the diagnostic codes that have been logged. See

the following table for their descriptions, triggers and

actions to be taken.

tell me what codes have been logged..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

62

6

16

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
How often is this happening?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Just started tonight and will not complete a cycle, just keeps popping up with the error code
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
hopefully it is not a bad motor controller....have you removed the clothes out of the washer yet, and are you using HE detergent in the machine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I just got another error message: The Motor was not working, you may try to resume the cycle".

I did take all the clothes out already

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Is the water out of the machine, can you put it on drain and spin?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It goes for a coupe of seconds then stops, there isn't any water in the tub.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Is the drum turning during this time?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't think so, it just sounds like the pump
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

You will need to install motor/motor control repair kit part number 12002039, to repair this problem, this comes with installation instructions, and can be ordered at www.apwagner.com or www.repairclinic.com, I also see this kit on ebay for considerably less at times so check there also...

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Is that an easy instllation or should I bring in a repair man?
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Not very hard to install, If I still lived in Brighton township I would do it for you,,,, I use to work for Boscov's in Monaca and Butler as thier repair person, if you call someone for service the labor will be about $160.00 plus the parts and this can be installed in under one hour with common tools...
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech