Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a KitchenAid Superba double oven (convection upper/thermal

I have a KitchenAid Superba double oven (convection upper/thermal lower). Model number KEBS207DBL1. Neither oven light will come on. When I push the light button I hear a beep but nothing happens. How can I establish if it bulb or switch related? And depending on which it it how do I make the necessary repairs?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
When did this problem first occur?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We have lived in a pre-owned home for the last 5 years. It has never worked since we have lived here.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Have you tried changing the bulbs, I know this sounds stupid but I want to start simple...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

When I push the oven light button I hear a beep but don't see any visual response on the control panel. Should I be looking for anything on the control panel to tell me if the lights ar on or off?

If not, I will try replacing a bulb but how do I go about bulb replacement. I can't figure out how to get the lens cover off.

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

No there is no visula clue to that for the light on the control panel that I can find, Give me a couple of minutes to get the wiring diagram up on the computer. I will be right back..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Do you think it's strange that none of the lights work?

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

These are only 12 volt bulbs and 5 watts, they blow out easily....If this does not fix it then the control is bad and is very expensive to replace, however I do believe it is the light as it is the same type I use in my microwave and it doesn't even last one year in there...Here are the instructions for bulb replacement for your unit...

Replacing the oven light:

1. Disconnect appliance at the main

power supply. Make sure the oven is cool

before replacing the light bulb.

2. Remove glass light cover by grasping the

front edge of the cover and pulling it away

from the side wall of the oven.

3. Remove the light bulb from its socket.

Replace the bulb with another halogen

bulb (12 volt, 5 watt maximum, available

at most hardware stores).

4. Replace the light cover by snapping it

back into wall. The light cover must be in

place when using the oven. The cover

protects the bulb from breaking and from

high oven temperatures.

5. Reconnect appliance at the main power

supply.

NOTE: On both single and double ovens,

the oven lights will not work during the Self-

Cleaning cycle.

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. I got the lens cover off but the bulb appears to be good. I will buy a bulb and try out a new replacement. I'll let you know if it works or not.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Do that, it is a holegon bulb and will still look good but can be bad...