Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a old GE range model # XXXXX*K2, which is the model

Customer Question

I have a old GE range model # XXXXX*K2, which is the model number on the GE site that have diagrams, and I want to replace the infinate switch (#11 on the drawing) but don't know how to take off the assembly.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is this the same assembly you have? these uasually have screws holding the control assembly on at the top and when you remove these screws the control assembly will tip forward and you can the get at the infinate switch . I havent done one of these in years thoughif you dont see screws at the top look on the side when you open the microwave door and see if they are there.let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
<p>This is the same assembly that I have.   There is only one screw at the bottem (even though the diagram shows 3) which I removed. </p>
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
will it lift up and out if you try? some of these have plastic clips that hold it on the body of the unit, there like little hooks. see if that works. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is at my mother in laws about 5 minutes away.   I will go try it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok let me know , thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
have you looked at this yet, this one has the vent in the top that opens right? these are a pain to take appart. have you tried removing the flap on the vent assembly and see if there are screws in the top of control panel.?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes the vent is on top. I did not take out the vent yet. I can t find any screw to take out. I am going to see if I can get a diagram that has the screw locations on it or an shop manual. Any ideas where to get one?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well ther is some out there but this is pretty old, I can do some check tomorrow and see what I can find
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I would appreaciate it. My email isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
we cant recieve email adresses but I will try to get info back to you here , thanks Bryan