Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

GE Profile Dryer #DPSR473EW0WW - Squealing dryer...How do I

GE Profile Dryer #DPSR473EW0WW - Squealing dryer...How do I fix this? Dryer still works well.
if your dryer is squealing it's usually your rear drum bearing that has dried up and needs to be replaced. To access open the dryer door and remove the screws coming from the front panel going directly up into the top panel. This will allow you to take the top panel off. Next there are 2 screws coming from the inside on the left and right side holding the front panel on. Remove the front panel and disconnect the belt. The drum will pull straight foward and out so that you can replace the drum bearing.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The squealing sound is coming from the front of the dryer...Does this still mean it's a rear drum bearing?
well, honestly probably not do the same procedure and when you take the front panel off look and make sure the 3 or 4 tephlon glides around the front panel drum support are still in place and there are no pennies or other debris caught between the seal causing a squeeking. The front of the unit rarely squeals and I'm not so sure i've ever heard it squeal aside from debris getting caught in it. If the glides where out it generally makes a rumbling sound.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Do you happen to know where we can find parts for this model? Lowes...Home Depot...etc.?
you cannot get them from any hardware store--- either a local appliance parts store, from the manufacturer themselves or a website like
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
good luck