william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate
13954826

i have a kenmore progressive direct drive vacuum with inteliclean.

i have a kenmore progressive direct drive vacuum with inteliclean. a red light appears on the performance indicator when i turn on the vacuum and it makes a funny "flappy" noise. I have check the hose, changed the bag, and filter,but no luck. can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
does it say anything by the red light what is your model number? how long have you had this? thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No there is nothing by the red light. It is refected on the Performance Indicator section. I have had my vacuum for approx 6 months.

Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

since this is still under warrenty i would take it back and let them fix this for free because if you start ripping into this it will void out your warrenty and if you have done everything in your use&care guide to try and rectify the problem and it still dont work then this needs to be serviced hope this helps

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i dont have any receipts or paperwork to use to determine that it is still under warranty. is there no other way to determine the issue?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.
whats your model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model number 116 35922500
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

As you vacuum, the amber and red

indicator lights will come on and stay on as

long as the sensor detects a high

concentration of particles passing through

the vacuum cleaner.

TO CLEAN DIRT SENSOR OPTICS

The dirt sensor optics consist of two optic

cells located inside the dust bag port.

Occasionally, it may become necessary to

clean the two optic ceils to assure

maximum performance°

It is recommended the optic cells be

cleaned:

• When the red light stays on

continuously.

• When dirt or dust adheres to the

optic cells.

• Whenever the dust bag is removed.

Optic Cells

To clean the sensor, wipe the optic cells

with a soft, dry cloth. Never use cleaners

or liquids as they can help speed the

recoating of the optic cetls and make it

necessary to clean them much sooner than

normal. The dirt sensor area can be

reached by removing the dust bag.

this should do it for you hope this helps

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this info looks very helpful. however, where are the dirt sensor optics located exactly?
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

located inside the dust bag port

william, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Major Home Appliance Technician Specialist Whirpool Certificate