Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

whirlpool dishwasher doesnt drain OR clean. sprayer doesnt

whirlpool dishwasher doesn't drain OR clean. "sprayer" doesn't seem to be working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
can you get me model #? thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DU85QDWGQ1

actually the # XXXXX more like:

DU850DWGQ1
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
how old is this d/w/ have you changed or installed a garbage disposal lately?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
9 or 10 years, not lately. several years ago disposal was installed.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok , what I would do is remove the drain hose from the garbage disposal and put it in a pail and put the d/w in drain and see if it drains into the pail. if it does try using a scew driver and stick it in the hole the hose connects to on disposal and see if its blocked up, sometime crap from d/w will clog these. let me know , Thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
THANKS! Will do & be back in a few. hey FYI i took the "arm" or whatever on the bottom wher the water shoots out/up. it is full.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok let me know if it drains.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
not yet- there isn't a cycle called drain, but I ran it through each cycle there manually rotating the dial, no draining.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
do you hear the motor stop and then start up agXXXXX XXXXXke its going in reverse? this is your pump and motor assembly, this goes one way to wash and the other to drain . the motor reverse to drain. try to get the water out of machine and take the hose off the pump assembly and see if its clogged there. Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
umm... got most of water I coulkd out. how do I take the hose of the "pump assembley" ?

also- earlier used a plunger to try and flush out the drain under the arm thing at the bottom. water instead just back up from the screen/trap in the rear.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey i can send you a picture of the DW & connection?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
send a picture if you can, there should be a clamp on the hose under machine, take the front plate off the bottom there should be 2 screws holding it on.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.