Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a side-by-side fridge freezer. Its two years old. There

Customer Question

I have a side-by-side fridge freezer. It's two years old. There is a smell of rotten fish coming from the fridge which has made the appliance unusable. I have emptied and cleaned the fridge, and have also replaced the deodorizers, but this has made no differnce. The smell is so bad I dread opening the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
did you have something go bad in this? alot of times if something like fish or meat goes bad, it gets into the insulation and the smell is impossible to get out,is this a new ref.? you can try taking the back panel off inside the freezer section and steam cleaning the evaporater coils and the whole inside .that may help. let me know ,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No, nothing went bad, the turnover of food in the fridge is quite high. There wouldn`t be time for anything to go bad. When I was cleaning the fridge out I noticed that the droplets of water on the back wall (in and around the coiled element) smelt bad too. Can the water be "off"?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
the water could be the problem , can you get me model # XXXXX make? thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.