Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have gs6nbe/gs6nfc and can not get either side to cool very

Customer Question

i have gs6nbe/gs6nfc and can not get either side to cool very well, get no water out of the wateroutlet on the door, replaced filters live in ky where we just had bad ice storm and no power for 6 days thanks you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you see any frost on the back panel inside the freezer section? do you hear any click or buzzing comming from compressor area in the back of refrigerator? let us know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no frost on the freezer section,no clicking or buzzing from the compressor area. Unit work perfect until the ice storm, and was down for about 5 days, plug back in and now will not cool. both side are cool but not were they sould be
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
did you get my last reply
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok sorry was out for a bit, can you hear the compressor starting? thanks Bryan, also are the fans running?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

when i unplug and plug back in, a fan is running. how can i till if the compressor is starting

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can not hear a compressor starting
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I believe you have one of a couple possibility's going on, one is the control board and the other could be the compressor relay, this is your board, Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=and this is the relay. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=do you have a volt meter? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i appreciate your help, will just try and get service this week thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
your welcome, sorry for the delay in reply, had to check on my mom. well wishes and thanks Bryan