Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I WAS CHATING WITH CHAS BUT HIS ANSWER DID NOT COMPLETE RESLOVE

Customer Question

I WAS CHATING WITH CHAS BUT HIS ANSWER DID NOT COMPLETE RESOLVE MY PROBLEM, HOW CAN WE FINISH?

IT WAS ABOUT MY WASHER MACHINE AND I WANT TO KEEP TALKING TO HIM ABOUT MY PROBLEM.

THIS IS NOT A SECOND QUESTION IT IS THE SAME ONE I JUST WAS AWAY FROM MY COMPUTER FOR LONG TIME .THANKS

THANKS

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
I am back, for some reason I could not answer on the original thread, when you leaned the unit back did it leak near the top or at the bottom?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I FLIPED THE MACHINE FACE ON THE FLOOR AND IT LEAKED FROM THE BACK

AT THE BOTTOM

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
There is a chance the pressure switch is failing and going out the overflow on the machine, this can happen especially on large load fills and then adding more clothes after it has already stopped filling causing it to go into the overflow.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YOU HAVE SAID IT COULD BE THE WATER VALVE . IT IS THE SAME AS THE WATER VALVE INLET AND WHERE IT IS LOCATED IF IS THE SAME ONE .NOW YOU SAY IT COULD BE THE SWICTH.ANY SUGESTIONS ABOUT WHAT IS REALLY THE PROBLEM BETWEEN THIS 2 OPTIONS
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
You said it was leaking down at the bottom was there water on the back wall when you tipped the machine? If so the the water valve is most likely the problem, otherwise it is goingto be in the pressure switch allowing to much water into the unit at times...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NOT WATER IN BACK WALL IT IS IN THE RIGTH AND SOMETIMES LEFT BOTTOM BACK CORNERS
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Everything you are saying points to a bad and leaking water valve, this is a real tossup unless you remove the front and watch to see where the water is coming from.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

THANKS WILL YOU PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THE FRONT AND PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IS THIS VALVE LOCATED AND I AM SORRY FOR ALL THIS QUESTIONS

THANKS

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
On the front panel where it meets the top, about 2 inches in from each side, insert a putty knife into the crack, you should feel a spring clip , once pushed in the front can be lid down and off...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

WHAT ABOUT THE VALVE?

AND THIS I HOPE IS MY LAST QUESTION

Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

The valve is located where you hook the hoses up to the washer and is part number WH13X10024, and can be ordered at www.repairclinic.com