Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

My icemaker is making ice but it will not come out of the dispenser.

My icemaker is making ice but it will not come out of the dispenser. Sometimes a little ice will come out and then it stops and makes a humming noise and other times it will not give me any ice and just makes the humming noise. What part do I need to fix this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 5 years ago.
Look inside the ice bucket and make sure the cubes are not formed together.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No the ice is not formed together. The ice is perfectly fine. It is as if something is hung up in there.
Remove the ice bin and look up in the part where the ice is dispensed out of the bin. Is there ice stuck in there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no ice stuck where the ice comes out of the bin. I have a full bin of ice. I pull it out and get ice for my cup each time.

Then I would say the auger motor is bad and you need to replace it.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i was looking at replacement parts online but didn't know exactly what I needed to get.

It is like the blades suddenly stop working when I am trying to get ice out of the door. When there is a small amount of ice in the bin it will come out of the dispenser.

Open the door and remove the ice bin. With the door open hold the door switch in and try to dispense Ice. While trying to dispense ice see if you can hold the metal c shaped coupler. It may take another person so you can hold the coupler and the door switch while someone pushes the button. If you can hold it. The coupler may be stripped or the motor might be weak. If you have the model # XXXXX can look up the part for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX
369WR60X10258MOTOR CRUSHER DISP In-Stock$ 51.60Add to Cart
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I could not hold the c shaped coupler. My bin does have a crack in it where the ice comes out.

I just wasn't sure if I needed to get any parts or just the bin.

I would replace the ice bin if it has a crack in it.
354WR17X11419BUCKET & AUGER ASM In-Stock$ 74.95Add to Cart
Experience: Appliance tech 4 years