Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a strong odor of gas coming from inside of dryer and

I have a strong odor of gas coming from inside of dryer and looking fo try to fing ont what to look for to fix problem.   The odor does not semm to be coming from outside of product, also i am not to familiar with these products.   Please send any help advice and would be greatly appreciated. Whirlpool Dryer Product No. LGB6300LWO.   Thank You ,    Danny
Does the odor seem to be there when the dryer is running or not being used?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Was just thinking I forgot to mention that. The dryer is running when i smell the odor. Also, I seem to smell it only about half the time I use it. Thank you for your help
This is caused 95% of the time by a bad ignitor, it does not light it constantly and will give this odor, this is part number 279311, and is held on with one screw, you can order it at www.apwagner.com or www.repairclinic.com
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Really quick Chas Does the ignitor also control the actual DRYING of clothes, because is seems to take forever to dry a load of clothes. Also any Danger?

The ignitor light the gas to burn and heat, also make sure that the exhaust going to the outside is not kink or clogged at all this will also cause this problem...