Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a GSD2000 dishwasher that wont start. Worked fine

I have a GSD2000 dishwasher that won't start. Worked fine a few days ago. What should I check? Other appliances work, breaker not tripped...
Hello you need to look at the junction box under the unit on the right look for a burnt wire. If that looks ok this model has a issue with the motor test the motor the two wires that go into the top for 110v if you have power the motor will need to be replaced if not the timer need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do not see any burnt wires. I checked the power going into the motor and get nothing on my meter when turning the timer all the way around. Is the timer easily replaced?
Yes you have to remove the front door panel several screws then you will see it pretty simple.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Is the timer expensive? Something I can get from Lowes/Sears/etc?

Thanks for you help with this.

The timer will cost around 100 bucks check the wires in the door for a break if that test ok you will need to take the model number to the local appliance parts house they will get the timer for you. Your welcome good luck!