Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a GE Profile top loading washer Model WPRE61501WT that

I have a GE Profile top loading washer Model WPRE61501WT that will fill, spin and drain, but will not agitate. Also, even with option dial set for extended spin, the clothes are still too wet. The last spin starts and then stops. When the timer gets down to 1 minute, it spins again until time runs out. I have tried unplugging for 2 minutes or more as instructed in manual to reset.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
this is a fairly common issue with these units unfortunately--- but not too overpriced. You are going to need a new control board behind the console. The part runs less than $90 and listed below is a place you can order it from if you like.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the prompt answer. Before I accept, I need a little more info to help me make a decision.

How certain are you that replacing control panel would solve problem and how difficult is it to replace? Is this something that my very handy husband can do? I ask because my warranty information states the control panel is under warranty for 2 - 5 years and my washer is only 2 1/2 years old. Trying to get replacement under warranty can be time consuming and often incurs extra cost for house call. What do you think?