Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years

I am trying to replace the electrical section on the pump on

I am trying to replace the electrical section on the pump on the bottom of our frigidaire front load washer, and it looks like it can be removed without messing with all the water connections. Can it? also is it as easy as it looks by just pulling it off while prying open the lock tab on top?
It is easier just to pull the pump completely out of the washer the change the electrical part of the pump. The pump is just held down with 2 screws and then you just have to disconnect the 2 hoses. In one of the hose the is a screen to catch debris so it doesn't make it into the drain pump. I would also check the screen to make sure it isn't clogged.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok, thanks. I assume all the water inside the washer will come gushing out onto the floor? How does everyone deal with that?
You are right the wtaer will leak out. It would also leak out if you did it your way to. Tip the washer back and and shove a bunch of bath towels under it. Then tip it back down and surround the washer with towels.