Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

I have a GE Advantium Microwave (Model SCA2001BSS 03) that

I have a GE Advantium Microwave (Model SCA2001BSS 03) that has no power at all. Circuit (240v) is fine. Prior to "dying", the oven would make a strange intermittent "buzzing" sound. A couple of times it lost all power, but came back after a short while. Now it is totally dead. I have read that the cooling fan for the magnetron fails (buzzing sound?) it will trip a relay to protect the unit. Any thoughts?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Man replied 7 years ago.
It sound like you are right. If the unit is totally dead you may have blown the fuse behind the control panel now.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
OK, so what now? Can I view a repair manual to see how to remove and replace the fuse and cooling fan?
I just look up to see if this model has a repair manual and there isn't one available. I just want to let you know that this microwave is the hardest one to work on out there. I would cal a tech to come out and replace the fuse. After the fuse is replaced then he can figure out why it blew.