Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

have kenmore elite microwave has error code f-9 after about

Customer Question

have kenmore elite microwave has error code f-9 after about 20-30 seconds heard may be door switch ?? help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
if you open up the microwave can you give me the first 3 digits of the model number? the 3 before the decimal that is
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
721
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
OK so this means the inverter board is not detecting a power draw by the magnetron. There are 2 possibilities for this.

1. Your door switches are not all being activated so the power that is supposed to go to the magnetron is being lost before it even gets to the inverter board.

2. Your inverter board has failed, so it's not sending the power out to the magnetron.

Take the control panel off and look at the 3 switches just around the corner that the door activates when it's closed. Make sure all the buttons on the switches are being pressed and none of the wires look burnt. If they do then you need to replace that switch. If not, then you need to replace the inverter board.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Expert:  william replied 5 years ago.

Your model number prefix of 721 means it's made by LG / Goldstar.

F9 code on an LG means either a bad door switch or a loose door switch mount.

Even though a door switch clicks, it may still be bad inside.

This can be caused by slamming the door or by habitually opening the door while it's cooking without hitting the Stop pad first.

If you have found this info helpful then please press GREEN ACCEPT button, this is how EXPERTS are paid for helping you.
I work harder so you won't have to!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
door switches check ok with a ohm meter every time they open and close there was a spec sheet in micro wave and said to check temp sensor its ok then said to replace inverter so i replaced it and still get f-9 failure tech sheet says next if after replacing still has problem to replace the the control system assembly if you have any more ideas let me know thanksput controll assembly in today and still inop any ideas on how else to test this problem for f-9 failure