Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have the Amana ACF3355A gas range. Everything seems to work

I have the Amana ACF3355A gas range. Everything seems to work fine, except the broiler doesn't light. The oven works fine when baking. When I set the oven to broil, the display says broil, but the broiler element never fires up. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
Do you have a multimeter to make some measurements?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have a cheap one that I don't really know how to use. If that helps.
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
Not really? your problem is going to be a bad ignitor or a bad control, I am going with the ignitor, even if it is glowing it is not pulling eneough amps to open the safety valve on the unit, this is part number 74008064 , and can be ordered at www.apwagner.com or www.repairclinic.com, this is an update to the one you haveso it may not look exactly the same, however it is the correct replacement...
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
please forward any links to performing this fix. FYI I range the baking element than tried the broiler again and it worked. Let me know if this changes your guess.
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
No I still think the ignitor is bad, and is going to get worse. I would just replace the part. It is only held in with 2 screws and will normally come with some instructions in the box..