Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have the Amana ACF3355A gas range. Everything seems to work

I have the Amana ACF3355A gas range. Everything seems to work fine, except the broiler doesn't light. The oven works fine when baking. When I set the oven to broil, the display says broil, but the broiler element never fires up. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
Do you have a multimeter to make some measurements?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have a cheap one that I don't really know how to use. If that helps.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
Not really? your problem is going to be a bad ignitor or a bad control, I am going with the ignitor, even if it is glowing it is not pulling eneough amps to open the safety valve on the unit, this is part number 74008064 , and can be ordered at or, this is an update to the one you haveso it may not look exactly the same, however it is the correct replacement...
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
please forward any links to performing this fix. FYI I range the baking element than tried the broiler again and it worked. Let me know if this changes your guess.
Expert:  Chas replied 7 years ago.
No I still think the ignitor is bad, and is going to get worse. I would just replace the part. It is only held in with 2 screws and will normally come with some instructions in the box..