How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Chas Your Own Question

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 15723
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Chas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a kitchen aid superba side by side refrigerator model

Resolved Question:

i have a kitchen aid superba side by side refrigerator model # XXXXX it just stopped cooling and freezing. i read that maybe the ptc relay is bad. where is it located and where do i buy a new one from?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Can you hear any clicking noises coming from the unit every so often?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, i do not hear any clicking noises coming from the unit every so often. It just abruptly stopped cooling and freezing last night.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Can you pull the unit out away from the wall and remove the bottom back cover from it? Alos is the fan running in the freezer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, the fan is running in the freezer. And yes, i have just removed the bottom back cover..what now?
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
Is the big Black item which is the compressor running and hot?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't hear the compressor running, but it is hot.
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.

This is going to be your PTC relay that is on the side of the compressor where the wires go into, 95% chance replacing this will repair it, the other 5%is a bad compressor, unplug the unit until you get the part, it is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN and can be ordered at www.apwagner.com or www.repairclinic.com. this is a 15 minute repair that you can do...

 

graphic

Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 15723
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
Chas and 6 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

 
 
 
Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... Justanswer.com.
JustAnswer.com...has seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like justanswer.com/legal
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.
 
 
 

What Customers are Saying:

 
 
 
  • Thank you for the expeditious answer. It's good to know you're out there and awake in the wee hours when I finally have time to ask questions about my Jenn Air. Jean Riverhead, NY
< Last | Next >
  • Thank you for the expeditious answer. It's good to know you're out there and awake in the wee hours when I finally have time to ask questions about my Jenn Air. Jean Riverhead, NY
  • You did one super job of explaining to me everything there is to know about this fridge. I'm looking forward to asking you questions in the future. Jimmy Bagley, IA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther Woodstock, NY
 
 
 

Meet The Experts:

 
 
 
  • John

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    13442
    Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
< Last | Next >
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/docjohn174/2008-12-13_170143_johnask.jpg John's Avatar

    John

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    13442
    Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/tomgoe/2011-01-04_021913_2008-03-03_183612_phpexrmok_c2pm.jpg Tom Goellner's Avatar

    Tom Goellner

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    1191
    32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/MD/md2020/2012-6-6_20648_Selfpic.64x64.jpg Tyler Z.'s Avatar

    Tyler Z.

    Appliance Doc

    Satisfied Customers:

    51307
    7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/bryanpaul52/2009-2-18_12031_0918081611.jpg Bryan's Avatar

    Bryan

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    11158
    15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/SM/smitty1486/2011-3-1_0145_Snapshotofme1.64x64.png Kelly's Avatar

    Kelly

    Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    6493
    Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TH/TheHomeSmithy/2011-8-13_11146_homesmithy.500x500.64x64.jpg The Home Smithy's Avatar

    The Home Smithy

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    5935
    30 years repairing appliances
  • http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TE/Teamcold/2012-6-15_15028_HomeRepairsquarecopy.64x64.jpg Barry G.'s Avatar

    Barry G.

    Home Appliance Technician

    Satisfied Customers:

    5039
    27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.