Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I am continually having problems with my water dispenser not

Customer Question

I am continually having problems with my water dispenser not dispensing due to water line or reservoir freezing. I am tired of having to use a hair dryer to thaw out the freezer door and get the water flowing again. I already have the freezer setting on 2, so I am not sure that is the issue. I guess I could turn it down to 1, but I am not sure that will solve the problem. Any assistance you could provde would be appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
can I get a model number to better assist you please? does it only freeze the resevoir and nothing else?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is a GE side by side refrigerator freezer, Model number GSL25JFPABS. I do not know what else is getting frozen, but when I use a hair dryer to heat up the area directly behind the water dispenser on the inside of the freezer door, it solves the problem. Then, about 2 weeks later, it freezes up again.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
ok look at parts 434 and 442 in the link below you can click on the picture to enlarge it.

442 is your most likely problem--- make sure it is set to the WARMEST setting--- so if it says "cold" and "colder" choose "cold". This causes air to directly come into your refrigerator from the freezer to cool the bottom crisper--- but a lot of that air will migrate and freeze the resevoir in back.

434 is just a grille so that air doesn't want to migrate back and forth from the freezer to the refrigerator--- just make sure it's still there and didn't fall out. If it did get a new one and install it.