applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.

I have a top loader smart drive 9 excellence washing machine.

Customer Question

I have a top loader smart drive 9 excellence washing machine. It won't rinse and the sinning cycle results only in a 'slapping"sound... Is it worth reparing? Machine has given us 7 years of great problem free service
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 7 years ago.
Does the washer drain?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No it doesn't

Sounds like the pump is acting up. The pump sends water to the dirverter valve. The dirverter valve will either send the water to rinse or drain. Yes it is worth fixng. If you want to check the pump just reply to this and I can walk you through it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanx for that. If you can walk me thru checking the pump, thanx
Hi, sorry I had to leave b/4 I got your response. There are plugs in the top lid one on each side towards front, pull the plugs and remove screws. Unplug unit. Lift top up and rest on wall. The tub ring on top of the tub snaps on remove ring. You will have to shop vac the water out. In the middle of the agitator there is a plastic wing nut, unscrew and remove agitator. Inner tub will mow lift out, remove tub. On the right side is the pump cover it has one screw holding it in place, remove screw and cover, now you are in the top of the pump. Check for blockage.