Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

I have a front loading whirpool washer it is stuck in wash

I have a front loading whirpool washer it is stuck in wash mode what do i do to make it change cycles?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.
hi whats the model#? so how long has it been on the same cycle? any codes coming up?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no codes coming up at least 60 minutes stack unit washer and dryer the number from dryer isLEW0050PQ XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX 02
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.
Hi breakdown shows a model with a dial,if you advance the dial does it just stay in that same cycle,never moves or advances?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Stays the same i even hit power button waited awhile then turned on again and still in wash cycle lets in a little water then turns a few times but just keeps doing same thing
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.
other than the power button,have you tried turning off the breaker or unplugging for 5minutes? can reset ,also you dont have a seperate model # XXXXX washer
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the model number is XXXXX the washer behind the door has water in drum can not open. have not tryed to unplug i will see if i can do that
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.

Ok,if it doesnt reset then the problem will be in the control timer,or the machine cant drain and it wont let it complete the cycle,the latter problems will require disassembly

let me know if any problems

thx Randy