Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

my kenmore elite dryer would not run but everything in the

my kenmore elite dryer would not run but everything in the cycle pad is still working but when i press the start button i can only hear a couple of beep and the cycle time display or indecator is just keep on blinking? we have already called up and talked to a sears personel by phone and told us that our dryer is not good anymore,i only have a small family ,its just me ,my wife and two kids a five year old girl and a one month old boy,we only use this appliances once or sometimes twice a week and this dryer along with the washer are just three years and a week old ,so hope you could help us up by giving us the right informations on how we can solve this problem,thanks more power to you....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.
Hello you need a new door switch these go bad on this unit pretty common issue. When you press the door switch in you should hear a click the beeping noise is a fault its saying the door is not shut. Replace the door switch to resolve your issue.
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
how could we replace the door switch do we need to call up a technician (not a sears tech) and to come in and do the job? ty
No you can do this take the top off three screws on the back the top slides off then you will see the switch in the top it just pushes through hook the wires up and your done. Take the model number to the local appliance parts house they can get the part for you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have already took off the top but i couldn't see any switch , there are white thin wires going to the front and the other ends are going to the side away from the drum ..
Open the door and look up in the middle there is a little switch!