Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience in commercial and domestic appliance repair

Purchased a house 8 years ago which included a Hampton Bay

Purchased a house 8 years ago which included a Hampton Bay remote control ceiling fan. It has functioned perfectly until just last month when it simply stopped working altogether. No fan control, no light control. Power is present at junction box in ceiling and the batteries in the remote were replaced. The LED on the remote lights when a button is pushed but the fan/light unit does not respond.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 7 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX receiver on the ceiling fan may be bad. It is usually mounted above the motor assembly and you may be able to get hold of Hampton Bay for a replacement unit. Since this website serves at least 6 countries that I know of, I can never be sure where your at in the world. If you are in the USA you can probably get information from a Home Depot or Lowes Home Inprovement Center on this brand. Hope this helps and thanks for using Just Answer. Bob
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I suspected the receiver as well. I'll talk to the folks at Home Depot but in the mean time is there any thing I can test to confirm that the receiver is bad.
If you can tell what wires are feeding the receiver and I believe that if you disconnect the receiver from the rest of the unit you can run the fan manually. Bob