Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

I have a built-in Kenmore Elite microwave (model 565.60582)

I have a built-in Kenmore Elite microwave (model 565.60582) which recently stopped working for no apparent reason. No light when opening door, no power to control panel - nothing. Any thoughts?
Hello there is a 20 amp ceramic fuse behind the control panel that will cause the unit to have no display and there is a limit switch on top of the unit that could also do the same. The 20 amp fuse should have continuity as well as the thermal fuse on top. You will have to remove the wrapper on the unit to check the cavity fuse be car full as a microwave even unpluged can hold a lethal voltage 2000v to 3000v. Also verify that the outlet has power!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do I get behind the control panel, and how do I remove the "wrapper" on the microwave? Also, is it just a standard 20 amp fuse that I can buy at a hardware store?
Either take the grill off and there will be a screw that holds the control panel on or there will be screws on the side of the control and it will pull off if the screws are not in those two places you will need to remove the wrapper to get to the hidden screw from the inside, You will need a t20 safety torque to get the wrapper off you can get that and the fuse at the local hardware store yes it is a standard 20 amp ceramic fuse.