Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

My Frigidaire Ultra Quiet (Model # XXXXX) is only sending

My Frigidaire Ultra Quiet (Model # XXXXX) is only sending a trickle of water to the top. After taking it apart I noticed the water slowly goes up the hose on the side. I removed the pump cover and notice a check ball.   If I remove the check ball the top gets plenty of pressure but I don't think the bottom gets enough pressure. I have tried to make sure everything is clean and the check ball is in correctly. However, with the check ball in the top still just gets a trickle. How can I fix it to get the right pressure on both the top and bottom?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.
Hello on this model the motor changes direction to send water up the side to the top. If the motor never turns direction and the top spray arm is not getting pressure the motor will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Running the Dishwasher the motor does only run in one direction. However, it is always either filling, running the motor or draining during the wash cycle. Shouldn't there be a pause if it is suppose to change directions. Also looking at the pump the blades are curved such that it doesn't look like it would pump any water if it went in reverse. Are you positive this is the problem?
Yes try this turn the unit on with it running a cycle push the door latch in twice and the motor should change directions.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tried pushing the door latch several times and the motor always turned the same direction.
The motor changes direction on this model if it does not when you depress the door latch in twice the motor is bad.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I still have a hard time thinking the curved blades would give much pressure going in reverse. Why are the blades curved?

The motor changes and the ball moves over to go to the top wash arm you can call Frigidaire if you want and ask them they will tell you the same. Replace the motor if the unit is not putting water in the upper spray arm!
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician