Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience in commercial and domestic appliance repair

I relocated the 220 line for my dryer and may have had the

I relocated the 220 line for my dryer and may have had the white and black crossed. The dryer was noisy for a moment and then cut off. The bulb inside also blew. Is there an internal fuse or reset on my dryer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 5 years ago.
What is the make and model number of the dryer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

LG DLE2516W

Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX you describe to me what the wire colors you are working with? Also please tell me how many prongs are on the plug your using? As for the bulb blowing, that was caused by excessive voltage which if you had the door open completed the circuit to it. You may also have to check to see if the door switch that controls that light has been damaged. Let me know if anything else happened after you hooked it up. Usually there isn't an internal fuse on these machines. Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I relocated the dryer from one room to another, so it required splicing at a junction box. I'm relatively proficient at this type of connection. I connected with 10-2 wire which supports the current, and its tied in to a 3 prong outlet. The outlet requires the proper connection of the white wire, but I'm wondering what effect that crossing would have on the dryer, if that in fact is the problem. The dryer came on, but was very nosy and then shut off. There was still power coming through the dryer as the light was on as the door was open. A few seconds later that popped and blew.
Normally the motor and other components run off of 120v. Usually only the heater element runs off of 220V. So if you crossed a neutral/ ground with one of the hot wires then you may have damaged the motor, timer circuit, and whatever else might have been connected in that circuit. Bob
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 years experience in commercial and domestic appliance repair