Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

i just got a new Sunbeam microwave. i took off all the packaging,

i just got a new Sunbeam microwave. i took off all the packaging, tape, cardboard etc. Inside the microwave, the instruction manual shows the "microwave air vent" (which is 2 rectangular holes). covering this vent, is a thin, metallic cardboard cover/panel, about 4x3 inches. i pulled it off thinking it was packaging, but is it part of the vent? also, i ripped it a little and put a tiny tiny bit of superglue to mend it. should i put it back over the vent hole, or is it packing. and if i put it back in after the little superglue, is that ok?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 5 years ago.
Hello this is the part on the inside of the unit on the right correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes. open the microwave door, and in the middle of the inside wall, on the right, there are 2 rectangular holes - both about 4 inches wide, and 1 or 2 inches high, respectively. they look like air vents/holes. the metallic cardboard was covering them...
Ok this is the wave guide this part has to be there super glue will not work with the heat this is wear the microwaves come out into the unit. You will need to get a new wave guide this is the only way to resolve your issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok but i only put superglue on there to hold it better. it is only ripped a little, and lays down pretty fine, if i just pop it back in. in other words, i think without the superglue it is fine. question is, will the tiny bit of superglue that is in the cardboard ruin the microwave, cause any danger, or harm me at all if i eat something that was in the microwave?
To answer your question i would have to say i would get a new wave guide and not chance somthing happening to the unit. Replace the wave guide to resolve your issue. If the unit is new take it back and try to get a new one.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
last question - any idea how to obtain a new one of these things? i can't get one where i bought the microwave...
There is no look up on this model so i can not give you a link. I would say call the manufacture and see if they can send one out.
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thanks for all your help
You bet good luck!