Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a GE SIde by Side p/n 162d9617p008 that is intermittantly

I have a GE SIde by Side p/n 162d9617p008 that is intermittantly having the freezer shut off with a corresponding light that turns off. the frig lite is on at the same time. I slide the temp control back and forth and with usually start up and lite comes on.   Is my thermostadt bad and how do I change it...I have purchased a new one
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 years ago.
Hello what is the model number on the white sticker in the left side of the fresh food section? What light turns off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model # XXXXX XXXXX BS...The Freezer lite inside the compt. remains off when the freezer stops working but the frig lite is on.....I dont think the frig is working during this time though. The fan on the back of the frig does not run....It is working rite now but randomly shuts down, and lite shuts off at the same time
ok yes you are correct the cold control is the part that sends power to the fan and to the compressor. Change the control out it will solve your issue. According to my link the control is no longer available.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

So the actual control inside the freezer needs replaced and not the thermostadt? You say the controller is no longer available so do I look after market. What p/n should I be looking for?

No the control in the fresh food here is a link but they say it is nla.