I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

Have GE single oven P-7. Clock died, have new wb19x10006 digital.

Have GE single oven P-7. Clock died, have new wb19x10006 digital. Wiring does not look the same.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Oven working and clock working. Self cleaning not working.
Oven does not clean. (bake and broil cycles operate properly)
Check to ensure the controls are set properly. If the controls are properly set and the oven will not clean, you will need to check the clock/timer. There is normally a Fault code that will appear when the electronic range control (ERC) is defective. Also check the oven selector, door latch mechanism, and smoke eliminator for proper operation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

clock seems to be working fine. Started self cleaning just the oven warmed up.

No codes, door latched, set it up for 2 hour cleaning started and stoped.

This am tired to see if oven would heat up to 350 in 30 minutes never got that hot. The only wires I touched are the ones on the timer. Oven worked great before just not the timer and self cleaning?

There is normally a problem with electronic range control (ERC) is defective. Also check the oven selector, door latch mechanism, and smoke eliminator for proper operation.
Unfortunetly, if you can not figure out which of these devices is the culprit, you may need to call a tech with diagnoses experience and equipment for on lpsation servic.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
If I re installed the old clock would that cure my problem? Did I screw up my oven to the point I need a tech?
I do feel that you need a tech on the spot to diagnose this and put this problem behind you!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

One last question, I thought I had the power off and when I was taking either the red or pink wire off I got a spark. Could that have done it in?

Thank you for your help. It helps having an expert there to answer questions. If you have any questions about about refinishing tubs and tiles let me know.

This could harm electronic electronic parts.
But that's unusual.
You already had a problem and that's why you were in there in the first place.

I see, that you think perhaps you caused a different problem due to the spark.Unlikley.
I'll tell you what I started to recognise in my life.
That once I reached 50 years old I started hiring people to do what I was not sure about and I enjoy the calmness of not worrying any more.
I do not know why I did not do this before?
Took me time to realize that money is my tool and I need to use it as so!
And not to be afraid, just do right and be good and good thinks come along as we need them.
That's having faith!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you