master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company

Dishwasher pump is running and cycle seems to have stalled.

Dishwasher pump is running and cycle seems to have stalled. Could not shut off the pump or reset the dishwasher with the start/stop button or the power button. Shutting off the circuit breaker was the only solution.
what is the make and model?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
D3122 Asko
what pump is running do you know? was there water in the unit?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was thinking th edrain pump. I have just turned the breaker back on and the pump stayed off. I have just started a rinse cycle again to see how it is functioning. The other issue we noted was that it started to not completely drain. Is the power switch a logic circuit and not a mechanical one?
it a logic circuit i think never really though about it before. how long was the power off?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
An hour or so.
your gonna want to check and be sure the drain line is clear. also if the dishwasher gets a leak it has a sensor on the bottom that will put it in an auto drain mode nothing you can do but turn off the breaker. it dose this so it will not add any more water and start causing more damage if any has occurred
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The rinse cycle seems to have run OK for now. There is some water left sitting in the course filter, but I assume this is normal.
How would one test to see if the drain line is pluged or partiall plugged without pulling out the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What steps can you take to see if the drain line is plugged of partially plugged without pulling the dishwasher out?
i would check at the end when it drains could also just listen and here if it sounds like it is draining strong. and yes watter should be left in the filter part of the pump. it is there to help keep the seals from drying out.