Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

My frigidaire front loading dryer -- gallery series GLEO2152ESO

My frigidaire front loading dryer -- gallery series GLEO2152ESO -- does not dry-- seems warm and a lot of sweat on the door but clothes do not dry. It takes several hours. I have had it for 5 years and it has worked perfectly.
Hello you have a venting issue either the hose behind the unit is kinked or the vent hose to the outside is clogged up run the unit with out the hose it will dry fine if so you will need to get a vent cleaning.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I cleaned the vent and there was standing water in it? It stunk -- I re-positioned the hose but it is vented to the roof I believe. I am running the dryer again.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Should the hose feel damp? Could it be the hose?

Ok great if the vent hose had water in it you will need to clean the vent going to the outside the unit can not breath that is why the water is building up there. You need to run the unit without the hose hooked up to verify.No the hose should not feel damp the hose is not the problem the hose going in the wall is the issue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I can't tell where the vent goes to the outside. We live in Florida and it seems it is behind the wall and it goes up toward the roof. Could that be right? How will running the dryer without the hose help?
Yes that seems right some vents go up and out the roof. A dryer has to be able to push air out the back if it can not it wont heat and dry correctly. Run it without the vent it will work then you will need to get a vent cleaning.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
One more question. How long does my $15.00 last? Is it per question or incident? Any ideas who to call for a vent cleaning? Are there vent cleaners out there?
It will last until you press accept then you will need to pay again if you ask another question if you post back on this reply you will not have to pay again. You need to look in the yellow pages there are a lot of vent cleaning companies this is a very common issue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thanks so much. The dryer worked like a charm without the hose hooked up - just like you suggested.

You bet good luck. Get that vent cleaned and you will be good to go.