Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

Lint screen light is on, Ive cleaned the screen with soap

Lint screen light is on, I've cleaned the screen with soap and water, cleaned the entire compartment, yet the light will not go off and dryer will not start? Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 7 years ago.
Hello what is the make and model number? Is this a bosch dryer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, Bosch mod# XXXXX Someone suggested cleaning the screen with soap & water to remove build-up caused by dryer sheets. I did this but it did not do the job.
Ok great you are correct the lint screen should be cleaned with soap and water. If the unit is still giving the error code of the lint filter you will need to unplug the unit for several min if the code comes back there is a sensor that sits below the filter housing and the sensor will need to be replaced to fix your issue. This model is very sensitive you must make sure the vent hose in the back is not kinked and vent to the out side is clear as well.
Hello i see this question is still open do you have any more questions?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I unplugged it for 10 minutes, then plugged it back in with no success. How do you access this sensor? One thing to note, below the filter, in the narrow compartment, was much lint, I cleaned it out the best I could with a vacuum cleaner and a long rod to grab small amounts of lint at a time. Is it possible that I broke that sensor? Also, the guy who suggested washing the filter said it gets coated with a waxy film from dryer sheets. We just started using these sheets about a month ago, and now we have this problem. Any other possibilties?
If the filter is clean then the sensor is the issue. Yes dryer sheets can cause the build up on the screen. You need to access the sensor from the back the drum will need to come out the back to get to the sensor.
Do you have any more questions?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

For future reference, I bought a dryer cleaning kit from Bed and Bath for one last attempt to clear the sensor and it worked! I would have had to call a repairman if this hadn't worked. I'll pay the $15 and I appreciate your efforts. Thanks!

Good deal im glad you got this one fixed good luck.