Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer. When I tried to start a drying

I have a Kenmore Elite Dryer. When I tried to start a drying cycle, the "push start" button wouldn't stay depressed so the drying cycle would stop as soon as I took my finger off the button. After trying different ways to keep the button depressed, it stopped working all together. I'm not sure how to take off the panel to see why it's not staying pushed in and now why it's not starting at all. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 7 years ago.
does your dryer say even heat anywhere on the control panel?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes-above the temperature adjudstment it says "total care system with evenheat"
open the door and send me the model number please and i'll get you the info to fix your dryer / larry
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Okay-it's a Kenmore model: 110.62886100
the microcomputer (even heat board) is the part you need to replace to fix your dryer ,,, the part number is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it cost about $152.00 at www3.sears.com ,,,,,, to replace it you pop off the two end caps on the control board and remove two screws that screws into the cabinet and tilt control up and back ,,,, easy fix but remember to unplug the dryer before working on it ,,,,,,, hope i helped / larry

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How come it was working before but only when I held the button down? It seemed to be a problem with the button.
the microcomputer has started burning out and its the fault control and it will not let the dryer run when the button is releasted and when you kept holding it down to make it run it went ahead and burnt out ,,,, thats a safety feature in the dryer / larry