Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert

I have an admiral stove. Two of the switches dont work. One

Customer Question

I have an admiral stove. Two of the switches don't work. One for the element and one for the oven. I have taken the knobs off the front panel and the glass faceplate comes off. I have taken out the 2 screws holding each switch in. How dod I take the switches out? Back or front on unit.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.

Switches almost always come out the back of the unit,pull range out,and there will be a panel to give you access,if youve undone the screws make sure to unplug ,if still power good chance something will short when moving range

any problems let me know

thx Randy

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Randy.

There are 2 panels on the back of the stove. A smaller one in the middle that only contains wires and then the full back panel that goes top to bottom. How do I remove that one?

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.

back panel should have screws all along each side and top and bottom,remove all those and should just pull off

if you have the model # XXXXX have a look to see if its a different style,but not usually

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Randy,

I'll go over to the apartment building and check the model number and get back to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Randy,

the model is ABE37000.

Expert:  Randy 43 replied 7 years ago.

hi,from what i can tell just removing the back full panel will give you access to switches

let me know if any problems

thx randy