Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My maytag dryer wiil run for about 15 seconds it will heat

Customer Question

My maytag dryer wiil run for about 15 seconds it will heat during this time but will shut off and control panel will flash, restart ,same thing happens, please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
do you have a model number for this dryer so I can better assist you? When it restarts do you have to press start again to restart it or does it do it on it's own?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I PUSH START MYSELF TO RESTART DRYER, WE HAD AN ICE STORM HERE POWER WAS OUT FOR 4 DAYS, DRYER WORKED FINE BEFORE STORM. MODEL # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
alright so you either have a bad dryer control board, or your motor is drawing too many amps. If you have an amp clamp then check the amp draw of the dryer. It should not exceed 16 amps on startup and 10 amps when the dryer is running normal.

If you don't have an amp clamp you can guess that the control board is bad. It is by far the most likely culprit but it is rather expensive to guess on the part at about $100.

CLICK HERE