Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Caloric Ultra-ray Wall Oven roughly about 1960s early

Customer Question

I have a Caloric Ultra-ray Wall Oven roughly about 1960s early 70s. The actual piece or gas valve that allows for broiling or baking isn't igniting. the gas pilot is on, but again the gas valve that filters the gas to cook isnt igniting. I beilieve the back is off is there anyway to get tthis repaired
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
you will have to try and find an antique servicer in your area because they won't make replacement parts for units of this age. If the pilot is on, there is a thin metal rod that will build up debris on it that is supposed to sense the flame. Sand this rod down so that it's shines again and see if it begins to work. Many times the sensor just gets too corroded to sense the flame so it will not let the gas valve turn on.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Well thanks I will try to see if I can do that. I also believe the piece form the gas line to that valve has an opening cause it worked but there's no change in the gas levels when I increase the temperature??? . .but the oven is coming on quicker . . thank you
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 7 years ago.
no problem I wish you the best of luck, if you have follow-up questions feel free to post here