John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Whirlpool double wall oven makes a very loud buzzing noise

Customer Question

My Whirlpool double wall oven makes a very loud buzzing noise when it is preheating. After the preheat is complete the noise fades away. What could cause this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.
whats the model number? and is it showing a fault code? is this gas or electric thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There are no fault codes. This oven is just over a year old. I just installed it because our kitchen cabinets were recently completed. The model number is XXXXX The lower oven had a bad heating element that was recently replaced after the oven was used only one time. I hope this information helps!
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.
did it make this noise before you put the the heating element in?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it has made this noise since it was installed. Whirlpool was just so frustrating to deal with I gave up on them. The upper oven appears to be the on making the noise due to the fact that the noise disappears when using the lower oven.