MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

My dishwasher stopped mid cycle with water in the bottom.

My dishwasher stopped mid cycle with water in the bottom. It won't re-start. The lights on the outside of the drawer flash red and green. I can't advance the push button cycle choices on the inside to re-start. I've powered it down and back with no changes. I did get it to start for a moment in the 'heavy' mode that it's stuck in- but it stopped after a few minutes again with the lights flashing. First time I've had any problem with it (after 18 months). What can I do? We don't have any operating manual.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.

This is a FP?

MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
Sorry for the delay - had to run some calls. Anyway, if this is a double drawer you can easily figure out what part is bad by 'stealing' parts from operating drawer as the drawers use the same parts. Sounds like the controller or LCD display is at fault here. If you want to get into this further let me know and I can tell you how to disassemble it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK - how can I disassemble this?
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
At bottom front sides are plastic pins- pull them straight out. This releases front panel. Pull panel away at bottom and slightly down and it will come off. Try swapping control first. It just snaps into place. Carefully unplug wires that connect to it. IF that fails then LCD part is bad- they typically get corroded and you may see some corrosion on wire harness connection points.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
Calling it a night now- I'll reply in the AM to any other questions you may have. If you need to remove the handle to get the control out: simply slide the handle a few inches to the side and it will disengage from the tub. Be sure to unplug the harness from the LCD module at the control before sliding the handle.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK - I'll try this and get back to you.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
OK- you will need to have both controls installed or unit will not work.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The trouble I'm having is getting the front cover off! Its a wood panel to match the cabinets and doesn't have the plastic pins you speak of. Can you help with getting this one off?

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 5 years ago.
The pins are there on the sides of the tub as I mentioned. The front will come off in the same way. Push down and pull away from bottom.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I got intiimidated about taking the front cover off so I called a repairman and guess what: he simply unplugged it and re-set the thing! I could have kicked myself but thought you might suggest that next time before having someone start pulling out the wires and all. oh and it was still under its 2 yr warranty- which I didn't know about. Can't say I got $15 worth of service, but its an interesting concept.